DON'T DRIVE DISTRACTED!

DON'T DRIVE DISTRACTED!

Welcome to the KidsAgainstDistractedDriving.com Blog

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, nearly 6,000 people died and more than 515,000 were injured on American roadways in 2008 in crashes that involved distracted driving. The problem is growing, and young drivers are most at risk.



KADD was founded by Scott D. Camassar and Stephen M. Reck of the Law Firm of Stephen M. Reck, LLC in North Stonington, CT, to help educate kids of all ages about the dangers of distracted driving. We’re dedicated to responsible driving and keeping kids safe. We don’t want to see kids injured or killed by texting and driving, or by others’ texting and driving. Please join us in this campaign, and go to KidsAgainstDistractedDriving.com and take the pledge today.



THE PLEDGE: "I pledge to not text or use my cell phone while driving. I understand the serious dangers caused by distracted driving and will talk to my family and friends about these dangers, to help make the roads safer for everyone."


Interested in being a KADD sponsor? 100% of all sponsor dollars cover promotion of the site including give-aways and prizes for kids. Contact Scott at 860-535-4040 or sdcamassar@gmail.com for more info.





HOT OFF THE PRESS! Read the National Safety Council's new paper, “Understanding the Distracted Brain: Why driving while using hands-free cell phones is risky behavior”






Saturday, February 18, 2012

Teen Driving Deaths Are Up

For the first time in eight years, the number of teen deaths on the highway appears to have climbed

last year, according to the Washington Post, which noted that "More teenagers die in automobile accidents than any other way each year."  Read more.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Feds Propose Rules Requiring Automakers to Block Texts

The AP reported that "Drivers won't be able to text, browse, tweet or dial on factory-installed devices if auto manufacturers follow new federal guidelines to disable the gadgets while the wheels are rolling. In announcing the latest step in his campaign against distracted driving Thursday, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said the government might next extend the guidelines to cover virtually every portable electronic device that might find its way into a vehicle. "These guidelines are a major step forward in identifying real solutions to tackle the issue of distracted driving for drivers of all ages," said LaHood.  Read more.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More Males than Females Cited in CT for Distracted Driving

"Male drivers received between 52 and 54 percent of the distracted-driving tickets annually since 2006. Females comprise slightly more than half the 2.5 million licensed drivers in the state, according to records obtained by AP."  Read more.